It's been a great year for us highlighted by the arrival of our beautiful daughter Rebecca Clare on March 11, 2013. Morgan was amazing throughout the labor and did it all natural, which many of the nurses remarked makes her a super-woman (of course I already knew that). I don't know if I realized just how much her arrival would change my life, but I feel so blessed to get to see this baby girl everyday.
We've already had a full 8 weeks since she was born as she has gotten to celebrate Easter with both of our families, was baptized in April and been introduced to many of our friends. Morgan headed back to work this week after her maternity leave, and I am taking about a month off from work to watch Rebecca until she goes to daycare.
During this time I had an idea to try to do something different with Rebecca everyday. It wouldn't necessarily be something big, but I would try to give a little explanation about its meaning. I don't know that she will ever read it or if I'll even think of enough things for every single day, but here goes nothing...
Day 1 - Write thank you notes
I've had a few thank you notes that I needed to finish for gifts that Rebecca had received from family and friends. She has received so many thoughtful and useful gifts that we are overwhelmed by the generosity of those we know. So while Rebecca was napping and content in her bouncer, I was able to complete a few. Morgan is very good at sending thank you notes, but I am not and before we met had only sent them for significant events like graduation gifts. I hope Rebecca has a good sense of appreciation and takes the short amount of time to acknowledge those who are special in her life.

No comments:
Post a Comment