Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 13 with Daddy

Day 13 - Watch City Council meeting
This one is going to sound really boring and it probably is, but Thursdays are Austin City Council meetings so we spent a lot of the day watching the meeting on tv. I wanted to monitor how the meeting went, be prepared if there are any items that I need to follow up on and ensure I am not out of the loop even if I'm out of the office. There were a few items pulled associated with my boss' departments, but for the most part it seemed to go smoothly.

Government isn't very glamorous, but it is important to be aware so that we elect responsible political leaders to positions of authority and to hold them accountable once they are in office. Your Mommy and I have worked in different levels of government throughout our careers, even though it doesn't mean a lot in the way of money. Even though it can be very frustrating at times to work as a public servant, we consider it important work and get to help others on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment