Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 8 with Daddy

Day 8 - Watch a Star Trek movie
Yes, this one is dorky. To coincide with the release of the new Star Trek movie, there were a lot of the older movies on tv yesterday. We laid low Thursday after running a couple errands the day before, and I have to watch at least some of those movies when they are on. We ended up watching most of Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan and all of 3: Search for Spock.

Prepare to be shocked, Rebecca. Your dad is a dork. He doesn't have an argument for Star Wars vs. Star Trek because he likes both. There is something about science-fiction which has appealed to me for a while, and it is one of the genres that I first got into when I began reading for fun. I can even pinpoint it to a copy of Arthur C. Clarke's 2010: Odyssey Two that I found at your Great-Grandpa and Grandma Migls' house when I stayed there during the summer. I think it is the concept of going into space and reaching for something which seems so unattainable that is appealing. Even though I don't expect you to be a nerd like me, I hope you find a passion that broadens your perspective and makes you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment