Sunday, February 27, 2011

Our day trip

Last weekend we took a short trip down to Johnson City and Pedernales Falls State Park. It was nice to get out of Austin for the day and enjoy being outside, even if the rain almost washed out the day. We headed down to the river first to check out the falls.
Of course we had to take a self-portrait once we got there. We have so many pictures like this. I'm not sure why we don't ever just ask someone to take a picture of us. Hayden had never been to Perdenales Falls before so we took a while to explore and take in the views.
We tried to find our way down to the river bed and the falls. I think we got lost on the way down because it took us about 30 minutes to weave through the rocks and we kept seeing more and more people quickly make it down. It turns out most of them were just jumping down 7-8 foot drops. I took the picture below of Hayden scaling the rocks.
We thought the picture below would make an awesome tube shoot. Too bad they do not allow swimming on this section of the river. On second thought, it may not be the safest tube shoot, but it would be fun to try.

After trekking around a bit more, we drove down to meet the Smith family for lunch in Blanco. I can't pass up an opportunity to see one of my favorite people when I'm already so close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment