Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentines Day

Hayden and I said that we weren't going to do very much for Valentine's day. We decided that we wouldn't even get each other gifts. Well, we ended up celebrating for almost a week... and we did get gifts.

Last week I came home to my Valentines gift. Hayden had gone to the craft store and gotten me a cake pan that I wanted. He also picked up some lilies in advance so they would open up before Valentines Day. For Hayden's gift I got him a super goofy K'nex Jeff Gorden race car to put together. For some reason I encourage the goofiness.


My lilies


On Saturday night we had dinner with our two favorite Leander couples the Johnsons and the Shoemakers. Jaclyn and David made an amazing dinner and Hayden and I supplied dessert.

Dinner at the Johnson's

The fancy Valentines Day dinners continued on Monday night when Hayden prepared a four course dinner- french onion soup, zucchini and yellow squash casserole, shrimp scampi and pasta, and macaroons to finish it off. We even sat at our dinner table to eat. I may be a little spoiled by my husband. After we finished eating Hayden realized that he may have set the Valentine's Day bar a little high for future years. But, I really won't mind if he keeps trying to top this year.

Hayden putting together his "redneck" macaroons.

No comments:

Post a Comment