Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Midnight Snacks




Hayden and I have been talking about trying out a beignet recipe for weeks. We had planned on making them last Saturday morning, but we wanted to get some of the ingredients on Friday night. At least that's what I thought we were going to do.

So about 11:30 pm I started mixing things up and before I knew it we were frying up beignets for a midnight snack. Yummy! I've been craving fried doughnuty goodness and our recipes turned out pretty good. They didn't look exactly like the ones at Cafe Du Monde, but that's okay.


I learned two important lessons from our baking adventure. 1) Sometimes I'm really glad we don't have kids yet, so I can stay up until midnight and then sleep in the next day. 2) When making fried pastries, don't cook the entire batch late at night. Only cook what you will actually eat- fried beignets are as hard bricks in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, Jake was trying to turn off the computer, so I didn't spell check it!!!

    ReplyDelete