Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Come and Get It!

One of the benefits of finally living together (and having a little extra time at home) has been being able to cook for each other. Morgan received a cookbook with over 1,000 gluten-free recipes for Christmas so we have been trying a lot of those out. Here are a couple more pictures of the meals Morgan has had the pleasure of coming home to over the last week :)
Last Wednesday (and leftovers on Thursday), we had pan-seared filet mignon with caramelized onions, crispy baked smashed potatoes and a side salad.


We went down to Yoakum and Victoria this past weekend (should be covered in another blog soon) so we came back with a ton of leftovers from my parents and some fresh vegetables from the Kallus' garden. I don't have a lot of experience cooking vegetables so it took a little bit of online hunting, but I found a pretty good recipe for some of the cauliflower. The following picture is Italian-spiced roasted pork loin and cauliflower sauce with gluten-free penne pasta. I put a few variations on the pasta recipe I found, like adding green onions and a little marinara, but it turned out really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment