Saturday, March 26, 2011

Unemployed no more!

It's been a while since my last post, but I have a pretty good excuse. These past couple weeks I have been getting back in the groove of working full-time and trying to settle into my new position as an Executive Assistant to one of the Assistant City Managers for the City of Austin (Woohoo for having "assistant" in my title twice :).

It's similar work to what I was doing in College Station, but I'm still getting used to the increase in scale. My boss has five departments under his purview so I will primarily be working with Transportation, Public Works, Aviation, Solid Waste, and Code Compliance. I can already tell that this position will be a great learning experience for me as I get to work for a bigger city and interact closely with some large departments.

So the blog posts about new recipes might not happen quite as frequently, but I think we'll trade that for having two incomes again. Below is a picture of my new workplace, a.k.a. Austin City Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment